I love open-source code. Through it, I have built my career, and I embrace and contribute to the open-source community as much as I can. I am a senior web UI/UX architect, engineer, and designer specializing in RESTful SPA (single-page application) development.
My web frontend guiding principles
- User experience is #1
- Minimal initial page payload is #2
- Feature detection over browser detection
- MAD over FAD pattern (see below)
- Use/write abstraction layers over frameworks
- Use/write behaviors and patterns over "plugins"
- Keep consumer facing dependencies to a minimum
- Keep your frontend portable / server-side agnostic
- REST is best
I strictly follow a MAD (modular application development) pattern and avoid a FAD (framework application development) pattern. I also specialize in developing platform-agnostic frontend architectures that do not rely on a single server-side architecture in order to function, allowing for optimum portability and flexibility on the frontend.